Wednesday, May 2, 2012

local obsession: umami burger







 PHOTOS TAKEN FROM MY IPHONE

One word.. UMAMI. Umami Burger baby! Finally, i've been wanting to try their burgers since I moved out here, and they just so happened to open an Umami not too long after I relocated. This place is always packed, and I'm talking 45 min wait, lines out the doors, loud atmosphere. Considering the venue is smaller than the other locations, but I did appreciate the text they send you once your table is ready so you can shop around The Camp to kill time. The service was great, the waitress gave us her recommendations and the low down on their "secret menu". For appetizer, we had their cheesy tots which are gigantic tater tots infused with cheese -delish! And their truffle fries, similar to Yard House's truffle fries if you're a regular there like me, haha. We split the Manly Burger and the Umami Burger to get the best of both worlds, and yes we sure did! The Manly Burger consists of beer-cheddar cheese, smoked salt onions strings, and bacon lardons. The Umami Burger was my personal favorite out of the two, shiitake mushrooms, caramelized onions, roasted tomato, parmesan crisp, and umami ketchup! I'm normally not the burger type.. but when it comes to Umami, i'll give in. If you live less than 5 mins away from The Camp, I guarantee you'll be walking home with a food coma from deliciousness! 



No comments:

Post a Comment