Sunday, March 25, 2012

local obsession: the camp










PHOTOS TAKEN FROM MY IPHONE


It's that time for another 'local obsession!' Yesterday was the perfect day to stay low key. After breakfast with the roomie and our neighbors, I encouraged myself to go head to the gym and take a stroll to The Camp! Located right in Costa Mesa, off Bristol, and across The Lab (both sites owned by the same people). A campsite dedicated to the active, healthy lifestyle filled with "green" retailers such as Patagonia, The Seed, Pürre, and well-known action sport retailer, Active among others. My favorite was Pürre, a cute shop filled with an assortment of candles, body/skin care, clothes, and jewelry! The entire room smelled great all thanks to the eco-friendly fragrances and amazing shea butter lotion they carried! I found some really great pieces from shorts to maxis, and ended up walking out with a coral/tan color blocked strapless maxi dress. They only had my size left, it was clearly meant to be. ;) You can follow their blog on here. The Seed "People's Market" had a collection of handmade and recycled products to reflect the object of the store "products with a purpose". They carried quite a range of products from clothing to children's books/toys, jewelry, handbags, skincare and beauty products, graphic cards, and journals. Not exactly my cup of tea but it was fun to check out. To top it off, I grabbed the most delicious lavender latte i've ever had at Milk and Honey, a unique coffee shop offering organic snacks, tea/coffee/drinks and sandwiches. The little coffee shop captures the coziest yet garden-like ambiance! They have a little patio with couches for you and your friends to sip drinks and carry on convos surrounded by plant pots! It's fairly tight, I fortunately came when no one was around to enjoy my latte in the patio on a Saturday afternoon. You can also follow their blog on here. It was a great weekend to stay low key and enjoy the rather strange weather. I came home to a beautiful view by the performing across right across my complex to call it a night! I hope you all had a restful weekend like I did! 

4 comments:

  1. That place looks awesome! and you're pretty pro with photo taking on your phone ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really cool, if you're ever in the area, it's a great place to hang if you're into "mini malls". And yes, I do love my photo apps! haha

      Delete
  2. Hi and thanks for your comment on my blog! Fun to find fellow OC bloggers! Such pretty pictures and I love Milk and Honey too :)

    xo
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! Milk and Honey is the best! Glad to see a successful fellow OC blogger too! Maybe we'll bump into each other someday! :)

      Delete