Sunday, March 18, 2012

brunch with brad goreski









PHOTOS TAKEN FROM MY IPHONE

Saturday's festivities just about summed up my amazing weekend! I was invited to have brunch for Brad Goreski's book signing at Kate Spade in Century City, LA. I was a bit hesitant with the brutal rainy weather, but there was no way I was going to miss out on meeting Brad. I arrived right at 11 thinking I was going to be late with not being able to see much on the slippery wet roads. The entire set-up was utterly cute! Florence Broadhurst floral wallpaper brightened the room in fluorescent coral, handsome gentlemen serving us champagne and delicate snack bites, the room was very well put together. It wasn't as packed as I had imagined, I guess the rain stopped some of the girls from attending which made it a good thing (knowing how claustrophobic I am, ha). Brad was a sweetheart. He greeted me with a warm hug and a smile, you could almost smell his cologne from 5 feet away. Well dressed as always in his americana ensemble and infamous frames, he was just beautiful! Gladly signed my book and briefly talked about our industry and my background in design.. I admire his uplifting spirit, one of the many  reasons why he's as amazing as he is! Aside from meeting Brad, I made a new acquaintance with a vcom major FIDM student, Nicole who kindly took my photos of Brad and I and became my little buddy during the entire event since we both came solo. Thank you Nicole! After brunch, I decided to kill time at Zara while waiting for the rain to calm down and ended up splurging on the many great pastels. I'm obsessing over mint green right now, ugh. 

My good friend from FIDM, Annie, whom I haven't seen since graduation, saw my photos on instagram and immediately we decided to reunite and have lunch at The Grove in West Hollywood. It was like a movie, we ran, jumped, and hugged in an instant from excitement, I love this girl! She was my partner-in-crime during fashion school. We just about had every single class with each other until she transferred to the LA campus. 4 years later, here we are, out with our degrees and working as professionals in the industry. She currently works for Lisa J. Pliner as a shoe designer and of course there's me, men's sportswear designer at Fox. We ate at Morels French Steakhouse and Bistro and had their scrumptious beignets and pasta! Talked for hours and compared how different our industries were from shoes to apparel. Strolled down the Grove since the rain finally gave us a break, stepped into Zara again, no surprise there, and topped it off with some Mexican Hot Chocolate from Nordstrom's cafe, delicious! It's always a treat to reconvene friendships after being separated for so many years. Memory lane is a road I enjoy taking, and my Saturday did just that! Check out Annie's blog, Shoelosophy, you won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment